- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon Swanson Organic Peppercorns, ground
- 1 teaspoon Swanson Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Swanson Organic Dried Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Swanson Organic Onion Powder
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Swanson Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Eden Foods Crushed Tomatoes, Organic
- 1 (10.7 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 2 teaspoons Swanson Organic Chili Powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Eden Foods Kidney Beans (Dark Red), Organic, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Eden Foods Black Beans, Organic, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) container light sour cream
In a large pot over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until slightly browned. Stir in salsa, crushed tomatoes, tomato soup, chili powder, corn, kidney beans, black beans, shredded chicken and reserved broth. Simmer 30 minutes. Add water if necessary to keep from drying out.
Serve with a dollop of low calorie sour cream (or you can mix in the sour cream before simmering).
Makes 12 servings.
find more recipes at Katherine's Corner